Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tomorrow.

School starts tomorrow. I feel so weird about it. I mean, on one hand I am really excited to start a chapter of my life that I have been dreaming about since I was five.

And on the other hand, I AM ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED. Panic is defined as "sudden mass fear and anxiety over anticipated events". I'm pretty sure that is where I am at this point. Yesterday I was fine, today I'm crying over not being able to find my thermos. WTF? Poor Mr. is just looking on in horror and I know he wishes he could help, but he doesnt even understand.

He's worried that I dont think I'll be able to handle school academically and that is NOT it at ALL. After meeting my classmates at orientation and getting through several reading assignments, I think I'll be able to do this. Obviously it is going to be extremely difficult, especially going to school as a wife and mother of a toddler - but I think I have a couple advantages over my classmates. I havent slept or had fun since 2007, so while so many of them will be mourning those losses, I've already been there and done that. I majored in philosophy at an amazing university, have a legal background, and am extremely organized. I feel confident that I will be able to handle the work.

What terrifies me is thought of changing into someone else (especially when I married pre-law school... what if Mr. likes the old me better?) A professor at orientation said "It is an agonizing metamorphis from layman to lawyer". I've heard that before, but I never really understood what it meant. I still don't really know, but now I am scared to find out.

1 comment: