Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I should be reading...


But I thought I would give everyone a little update on my observations of law school so far.

1. The reading is intense. But it's nothing compared to the intense anxiety I feel when a professor starts randomly cold calling on people in class.

2. Being in a room all day, everyday with 100 type A personalities is far from what I call fun. Everyone is so similar... we're all assholes and smart asses. They might as well just put us all in a cage and have us fight to the death because that would probably be easier and less painful.

3. The gunners in my class have already been identified and made fun of by everyone else. In addition, the professors have recognized them as well and have already started ignoring them when they raise their hand (every 2 minutes). This brings great satisfaction to me and the rest of my non-gunner classmates.

4. Some people just do NOT know how to dress. I mean, this is a professional school. There is a dress code. Law school is not the place for sun dresses that are so short people can almost see your Britney. And it's definitely not the place for jean shorts and flip flops. What are these people thinking?

5. Wow, I knew it was going to be competitive... but I had no idea it would be like THIS. Example. Yesterday my civpro professor announces that he will be assigning seating charts today (lame, but whatever). Class starts at 8am. I'm super short and totally ADD, so I always sit in the front row to ensure that my vision isnt blocked by a big headed person and that I am not distracted by people in class. I got to school at 7:25am thinking I would have more than enough time to grab a good seat. When I get there, the door to the room hadnt even been unlocked yet and there are about 40 people already there!! WTF. When they opened the doors, it was like a mad rush for the first four rows. I almost got trampled to death and people were throwing elbows everywhere. I was able to get a good seat, but it nearly cost me my life.

This should be an interesting three years.

2 comments: